Hugh Broughton MA (Hons) Dip Arch RIBA
Director, Hugh Broughton Architects
- Registered architect with the UK Architects Registration Board (1991).
- Member of the Royal Institute of British Architects. 4 years practice with Troughton McAslan Architects in London. 1 year research project with YRM Architects in Spain.
- Author of Madrid: a guide to recent architecture (Konemann, 1995) and London: Light and Space (Ellipsis, 1996).
- Regular contributor to architectural magazines with articles on Spanish architecture (1994 – 1997).
- 1995, established Hugh Broughton Architects, London. Practice has won two RIBA Awards for Architecture, two Civic Trust Awards and one International Property Federation Award.
- 2004, winner RIBA International Competition for the design of Halley VI Antarctic Research Station for the British Antarctic Survey.
- 2007, winner International competition for the design of the Spanish Antarctic Base Juan Carlos I for the Unidad Tecnologia Maritima.
- Papers presented on human factors and design in remote regions at Space 2006, San Jose and ICES 2007, Chicago. Assessor, UK Civic Trust Awards.
- MA (with honours) Diploma in Architecture – University of Edinburgh (UK) – 1990
Back to Member’s Directory here.