Barbara Imhof Ph.D.
Principal, managing director, project manager and design architect at LIQUIFER Systems Group.
Member of AIAA Space Architecture Technical Committee (SATC)
- Licensed architect. Working experience: project lead for ESA and EU Framework projects in the area of space architecture, technology development and space exploration such as “Interior configuration for the I-Hab-Gateway” for Airbus Defence and Space GmbH, 2018-2019, “RegoLight – Solar Sintering Lunar Habitats” 2016-2018, “SHEE- Self Deployable Habitat for Extreme Environments” – 2013-2016; “MOONWALK human-robotic surface exploration” – 2013-2016, “EDEN-ISS” greenhouse project – 2015-2018.
- Also developing design research projects in the field of biomimetics and architecture such as “Growing As Building” (living architecture) 2013 – 2015.
- Teaching experience: 1998-2006 assistant professor, University of Technology, Vienna, Institute for Design and Building Construction (HB 2). 2006 assistant professor ETH Zurich.
- Since 2007 teaching and lecturing assignments at University of Applied Arts Vienna, Austria, Chalmers University, Gothenburg, Sweden, University of Liechtenstein, EPFL Lausanne, Switzerland, Academy of Fine Arts, University of Michigan, Taubman College, USA.
- PhD in Space Architecture – Vienna University of Technology (Austria)- 2006, Vienna
- Master of Science in Space Studies – International Space University – 1997
- Master of Architecture – University of Applied Arts Vienna (Austria) – 1996
- Southern Californian Institute for Architecture (Los Angeles, USA) – 1994
- University College London, Bartlett School of Architecture (London, UK) – 1993
- University of Technology, Vienna, Austria – 1987-1992;
LIQUIFER Systems Group
LIQUIFER Space Systems