Francesco Axel Pio Romio
My name is Francesco Axel Pio Romio and I am a licensed Architect with an interest in space and humanitarian & emergency architecture.
I was born in Italy and studied Architecture at the University of Ferrara from 2016 to 2021. For my MSc. Thesis, I conducted research on the adaptation of underground conduits, known as lava tubes, for hosting long term human colonies on Mars, with the creation of a new landscape. The research has been selected to be presented at the International Astronautical Congress 2022, in Paris. Thanks to this experience, and additional courses and workshops, I have been training in the field of Space Architecture. After my graduation, I was selected for attending the course “Architecture for Humanity” at YACademy in Bologna: an high level training course in humanitarian and emergency Architecture, which also included a workshop for the design of comfort stations for the city of New York, conducted with the participation of the NYC Department of City Planning and Bjarke Ingels Group.
At the moment, I am assisting my ex thesis supervisors in the Sealine Research Department of the University of Ferrara.
In addition to my professional career, I am a semi professional musician with 2 EPs published.
– Studio Marco Rizzoli, Internship Trainee, 2021;
– Culture Hair Moda Club, Freelance Graphic Designer and Organiser, 2018-2019.
– High Level Training Course in Architecture for Humanity, YACademy, 2021;
– MSc. Architecture, University of Ferrara, 2016-2021.
ADDITIONAL COURSES AND LICENSES
– AIAA, Space Architecture: Designing a Lunar Habitation System – On-Demand Short Course, 2021;
– School of Disruption, Space Architecture and Design with Barbara Imhof and René Waclavicek, 2021;
– Architecture Association L.A Visiting School, AA MARS 4.0 with HKS Line Studio, 2021;
– University of Ferrara, Safety Training Course (D.Lgs 81/2008), 2021;
– Udemy, Grasshopper: beginner to advanced, 2021;
– Ferrara OFF, Theatre and Drama, 2018-2019;
– KlimaHaus Agentur, Sustainable Architecture (basic level), 2017