Synthesis International, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill
Vice Chair (2022-2024) of AIAA Space Architecture Technical Committee (SATC)
- Georgi Petrov is a practicing architect, structural engineer and space architect. He is a Senior Associate Principal in the structures group at the New York office of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, where he works on highrises and long span structures around the world. He is an adjunct professor at NYU and MIT where he teaches Design of Tall Buildings.
- Space related projects include design of surface inflatables for Synthesis International, masonry construction under space simulation at MDRS. He is the leader of SOM’s space architecture endeavors including the Moon Village collaboration with ESA, which was exhibited at the 2021 Venice Biennale. He was the lead architect on the MarsHome project of the Mars Foundation.
- Master of Architecture – Massachusetts Institute of Technology – 2004
- Master of Science in Structural Engineering – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign – 2001
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign – 1999.
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill