A. Scott Howe Ph.D.
Senior Systems Engineer, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory
President, Plug-in Creations Architecture, LLC
Member of AIAA Space Architecture Technical Committee (SATC) – Construction Subcommittee
- Registered architect NCARB, California, Oregon. Five years WLC Architects in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Ten year practice with Kajima Corporation in Tokyo, Japan. Three years assistant professor, University of Oregon. Six years assistant professor, University of Hong Kong.
- President, Plug-In Creations Architecture, LLC since 1998.
- 2006-2007 Consulting Research Scientist for Carnegie Mellon Innovations Laboratory.
- Current: Senior Systems Engineer, Jet Propulsion Laboratory. All-Terrain Hex-Limbed Extra-Terrestrial Explorer (ATHLETE) robotic mobility system development team, NASA habitation design teams. Research includes design for autonomous surface construction, robotic construction systems, design grammars, digital representation, deployable structures, and kit-of-parts building systems.
- Ph.D. in Manufacturing Systems Engineering – University of Hong Kong – 2007
- Ph.D. in Architecture – University of Michigan – 1998
- Master of Science in Architecture – University of Michigan – 1997
- Master of Architecture – University of Utah – 1989
NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Plug-in Creations Architecture, LLC